ERPA, QPA, QKA
Senior Retirement Plan Consultant
651.204.2600 ext. 105
When Karla joined the DWC team in 2011, she came with over 15 years of experience. Karla brings with her extensive knowledge of retirement plan administration, including contribution calculations and non-discrimination testing. Karla enjoys the challenge of understanding each client's goals in order to partner with them to develop effective solutions for their businesses. Karla is active in the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) where she has served on a committee to develop and produce the Western Benefits Conference.
Karla previously worked at CPI Qualified Plan Consultants, Inc. and First Wealth Management at First National Bank of Hutchinson, KS.
CREDENTIALS & EDUCATION
- Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent (ERPA) – Internal Revenue Service
- Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA) – ASPPA
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) – ASPPA
- Bachelor of Science, Business Information Systems and Computer Science, Sterling College
- Watching football (high school, college, pro ... especially the Kansas City Chiefs!), singing, traveling
You don't have to be great to get started. You just have to start to become great.
- TV Shows ... Amazing Race, Castle, Hawaii Five-O and Top Chef
- Holiday ... Thanksgiving (Football, Family and Food – what's not to love!)
- Bands ... Styx, Bon Jovi and Earth, Wind & Fire
- Food ... Sushi
- Way to spend a Saturday ... With family and friends
- Place to watch the sunset ... Hawaii
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
- So many places to go, but Germany stands out because my family originates from there. I would also love to visit the Holy Land.
If you were going to be locked in Biosphere2 for a year, what three things would you bring?
- My kids, my iPhone (that has everything on it!) and Diet Coke with Lime