Ben has developed his knowledge base through working with DWC over the last seven summers, and we are pleased to now have him as a regular part of the team where he is pursuing further education through the credentialing exams offered by the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA). As a Retirement Plan Analyst, Ben works with participant distribution requests, plan documents, Forms 5500 and other projects. He enjoys using his analytical skills to assist our team and increase the efficiency of our internal processes, and he is looking forward to growing his career in the retirement plan industry.
CREDENTIALS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor of Arts in Archaeology, Brown University
- SCUBA diving, acting, costume construction and storytelling
- Music ... I like a lot of things, but sea shanties, classic rock, punk rock, Celtic and especially symphonic metal
- Vacation spot ... Anywhere with a beach and some ancient ruins
- Place you've ever traveled ... Izmir, Turkey, on an underwater archaeological excavation
- Advice you've ever received ... From my academic mentor (paraphrased): "You should have goals for the future, but make sure they don't come at the expense of a fulfilling life today."